Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not Just love, but IN LOVE

Ok so this if my first official blog post, the last one was a copy of an essay I wrote awhile back.
God has really been working on me lately through conversations with my friends and blog posts by LoVizzle.  I’ve been struggling with putting things in front of God and not letting Him have the proper place in my life, right in the center.  At my weakest I had even reached a point where if God wouldn’t give me what I wanted, permission to date, I was going to stop asking and just do it on my own.  Thankfully He didn’t let it come to that.  Through a desire to understand that He placed in me I asked my friends lots of questions and through their wise advice and scriptures such as Jeremiah29:11 and songs like While I'm Waiting helped me learn to be patient.
I could now wait, but I wasn’t happy about it.  Why would God keep something as amazing as a relationship with a godly young woman from me?  Why didn’t He want me to be happy?  I continued with this attitude for several days and then last night before church I sent a text to my friend Kay lo and asked her how she had become satisfied, not just patient, with being single.  She responded by saying,
                “The only times in life that I have ever been truly satisfied and content were times when I was closest to God.  It took a lot for me to get to those points in life though.  But in those times, I was so focused on the love of God, that the love and attention I got from others didn’t even compare to the love I was receiving from God, and therefore it made it much easier for me to spend every second of my time pursuing God’s perfect love rather than the love guys [or in my case girls] would have to offer me because there was just no comparison.”  She continued and said, “You may REALLY like [a girl] right now, but you will never TRULY be able to love her unconditionally as a man should until you live in the perfect love of God every moment of every day.”
                Wow it was like God was just talking right through her. He didn’t want me to just love Him he wanted me to be IN LOVE with him the way He’s so IN LOVE with me.  But how do you fall in love with God?  How do you let His love consume you?  How do you get that close to Him? If you aren’t saved it’s impossible, you first have to feel his convicting power then respond to his drawing and pray sincerely, begging him to save you.  Once you have surrendered to His satisfaction and He saves you, is when you can truly communicate with Him and actually know what love is, and fall in love with Him. But I’ve been saved since I was 13, I already had that line of communication available, how do I fall in love again?  So I asked Kay lo again. 
                She replied back saying that last year she had had a really bad 8 months and couldn’t get over a relationship she had had.  She said the depression had caused her to lose her joy in life, and even the will to live.  She said,
“I wanted to laugh because something was actually funny, I wanted to smile and it not have to be fake, I wanted to be happy, TRULY happy without pretending.  Then in a night of misery knowing that I did NOT want to live like that, God showed me that until I was ready to devote all of my love to Him, I wouldn’t just get better on my own,  Because without his love, we really can’t feel anything but lustful emotions and hormones.  All true happiness comes from Him alone.  And when we put Him first, that’s when we experience the love with others. … When I got to the point where I knew I couldn’t live in that condition a moment longer, God just said, ‘So are you ready for MY love?’ And that’s when I realized that that was all I Needed all along.”
                I related so well to that, that very day I had said to myself, “What’s the point of life, I’m sick of it.” I had reached the bottom and knew I couldn’t stand it much longer.  So I decided to go into church and try to worship God and not care what I looked like or what people thought about every action I did.  I entered, willing to be moved by God.  The song selection was like God was saying, “you know what I want.  I want my love to consume you in every aspect of your life.  I Love you!”  Now through much prayer by myself and others I can say I don’t just love God, but I am truly IN LOVE with Him.  He loves me, and he loves you too, and wants us all to be madly in love with him.  And he’s willing to help if we’ll be willing to let him. 

4 comments:

  1. sorry if it seems like im rambleing any, im not a good on the spot writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...:/ So this is something I havebeen dealing with. I have really been stuggling with it and thinking about it alot. I was sorta kinda in a relationship and although we have not been "talking" for a while the whole mess really just ended last week. It was awful. I am sooo glad it's over and only now do I see how bad it was and how messed up his character is. Other people saw it but it took him breaking up with his girlfriend, to come back to me and tell me he loved me and wanted to marry me and getting a new girlfriend within all in less than a week. I wish now I had been smarter. Hopefully I will next time. It hurt a lot especially since he told me he loved me. I knew it wasn't right but it was very hard to deal with. Once I found out he already got another girlfriend it helped in getting over it alot. So now I am at the point you were. How can I be satisfied? I know the steps I have to take. I know them so well but for some reason I am having an incredibly hard time taking any of them. Prayer would be appreciated. A friend told me I have to take it one day at a time. That does help. I get so caught up in the big picture of who I should be that I can't take the steps to get there. So...this comment was really long but I thought I'd share. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll definitely pray for you, i couldn’t have overcome my temptation without prayer, in fact yesterday when everything culminated i requested a special prayer for myself that i would be able to stop putting things in god's place and that i would be able to put him in the center of my life where he belongs, and they had a special pair and laid hands on me, and i could just feel His love wash over me, it was so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job, man! I've only read this one post, but I can tell I'm gonna enjoy reading this blog! If you're really learning that much from my blog, keep reading mine then! Comments are always appreciated and welcomed ;) I'm looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete